It is difficult to recommend one book over another, because situations are all different and there is a vast amount of existing literature.
We will limit ourselves to a few reference works:.
Faherty, C. (2000). Asperger's... What Does It Mean to Me?: A Workbook Explaining Self Awareness and Life Lessons to the Child Or Youth with High Functioning Autism Or Aspergers. Future Horizons.
Grandin, T. (2015). Temple Talks about Autism and Sensory Issues. Sensory World.
- Howlin, P. (2004). Autism and Asperger syndrome: Preparing for adulthood. Routledge.
- Koegel, L. and LaZebnik, C. (2014). Overcoming Autism. Penguin Books.
- Mitchell, C. (2014). Mindful living with Asperger’s syndrome (Everyday mindfulness practices to help you tune in to the present moment). Jessica Kingsley Publishers.
- Patel, V. B., Preedy, V. R., & Martin, C. R. (2014). Comprehensive guide to autism. Springer.
- Prizant, B. M., & Fields-Meyer, T. (2015). Uniquely human: A different way of seeing autism. Simon and Schuster.
- Schall, C. M., & McDonough, J. T. (2010). Autism spectrum disorders in adolescence and early adulthood: Characteristics and issues. Journal of Vocational Rehabilitation, 32(2), 81-88.
- ** For child and teens **
- Verdick, E., & Reeve, E. (2012). The survival Guide for kids with autism spectrum disorders (and their parents). Free Spirit Publishing.
- Higashida, N. (2013). The reason I jump: The inner voice of a thirteen-year-old boy with autism. Knopf Canada.
- Vermeulen, P. (2013). I Am Special: A Workbook to Help Children, Teens and Adults With Autism Spectrum Disorders to Understand Their Diagnosis, Gain Confidence and Thrive. Jessica Kingsley Publishers.
- ** For parents **
- Ozonoff, S., Dawson, G., & McPartland, J. C. (2014). A Parent's Guide to High-functioning Autism Spectrum Disorder: How to Meet the Challenges and Help Your Child Thrive. Guilford Publications.
- Rogers, S. J., Dawson, G., & Vismara, L. A. (2012). An early start for your child with autism: Using everyday activities to help kids connect, communicate, and learn. Guilford Press.
Sussman, F. (2012). More Than Words: A Parents Guide to Building Interaction and Language Skills for Children with Autism Spectrum Disorder Or Social Communication Difficulties.
Our team will be happy to direct you to the readings that correspond to your situation, as we understand that this profusion of information can sometimes prove to be difficult to untangle.
For those who are interested, here is also a bibliography concerning the pratice of mediation for people with ASD who have a sufficient level of functioning:
- MITCHELL, C., Mindful living with Asperger’s syndrome ( Everyday mindfulness practices to help you tune in the present moment), Jessica Kingsley Publishers, 2014, 128 pages.
- MITCHELL, C., Asperger’s syndrome and mindfulness (Taking Refuge in the Buddha), Jessica Kingsley Publishers, 2009, 144 pages.
- BOLLS, U.D., Méditation for Aspies ( Everyday techniques to help people with Asperger’s syndrome take control and improve their lives), Jessica Kingsley Publishers, 2013, 143 pages.
** Nous espérons que des ouvrages seront bientôt écrits sur le sujet en français ou que certains de ceux-ci seront traduits.
You will find other references on the recognized sites of https://autismcanada.org/ and https://www.autisme.qc.ca